Frequently Asked Questions
Staying at Amara
Amara Valley has been created to offer all who come here a place of peace, tranquility, inspiration, support, insight and loving kindness. Upon arrival, we will give you an orientation tour of the accommodation and facilities, and ensure you have everything you need to thrive during your stay at the centre.
A minimum stay of 2 nights are necessary to book at Amara.
Check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 11am. Special arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
We have some limited places for volunteer work exchange stays. Fill out our Volunteer Form to send us some details about yourself, and we will contact you at the next available opportunity!
How to Get Here
You will find the centre at Masía Can Coll, 17834 Porqueres, Girona, Spain
Amara is located:
- 15 mins from Banyoles
- 45 mins from Girona International Airport and city
- 100 mins from Barcelona International airport and city
- Girona International Airport (45min)
- Barcelona International Airport (100min)
We can help you to organise taxis from and to the airport. Fees may vary depending on time of arrival.
By Public Transport
There are very reliable bus services running daily from Barcelona or Girona to Banyoles. You can find the timetables here:
Barcelona – Banyoles
Daily Bus service from Barcelona: c/ Pau Clarís, 117
One way trip – 14€
Girona – Banyoles
Daily hourly buses from RENFE train station
One way trip – 2,65€
From Banyoles to Amara
We collaborate with local taxis and can help to organise rides up to the centre from Banyoles. Each trip currently costs 18€ and can be shared between multiple people.
· Full board: accommodation + all meals
· All workshops and activities according to the retreat or event
· Sheets, pillows and duvets
· Tea and fruit snacks
· Access to the grounds & facilities
· Transport to and from Amara
· Massages & other treatments
· Shop gifts
· Travel & personal insurance
You will need to bring a towel, and we recommend to bring a water bottle to have with you also.